Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Mormon Way Of Doing Business

Many of you know that I enjoy reading books about business leaders and recently financial advice books.  It's always good to build upon your education in Business and Finance. Some books that  I would recommend are:
  • Rudy Giuliani's book "Leadership"
  • "The Warren Buffet Way" by Robert Hagstrom
  • "The Tipping Point" by Malcolm Gladwell
  • Mitt Romney's "Turnaround". 
Those family members that know me... know that I'm not a person that likes to read. In fact I have to admit I have poor reading habits. But these kinds of books just make me want to learn more about their achievements. How they accomplished terrific results and I could apply these principles.

Patti bought a book for me that she new I wanted to read before our trip to New York. The book was "The Mormon Way Of Doing Business". We know that there are many leaders that have been successful over the years that are not of the LDS faith. But this book looks into Mormon leaders that have reached the pinnacle of their careers.



I really enjoyed this book and how these leaders balanced there lives around family, work and church responsibilities. Patti new Kevin Rollins, CEO of Dell. He was in her LDS Ward in Austin.

This book also captures the passion these leaders had for their companies and not getting caught up in the money and power of there title's. 

Dave Alexander
JustGoFishin.com
Corpus Christi, TX

No comments: